Sunday, November 05, 2006

Wynows

Fuck me! How good is that Amy Winehouse song? I'm always wary of these singer/songwriter types. They irritate me with their mimsy acoustic meanderings, they very rarely do anything slightly interesting and tend to morph into a single bloated mithering entity in my head. A gestalt creature formed of Katie Melua, Jamie Cullum, James Blunt, Nora Jones etc which can only be named Youdullfuckingcunt. I'd always lumped Amy Winehouse in with this lot. Seems that's a bit of a mistake. Rehab is just a cracking tune. Full on soul, proper soul too none of this r&b wobbly throat bollocks that people think is soul. This is bass and horns and plaintive vocals, and it tells a story too. Fucking class.

I should have realised after seeing her on Never Mind the Buzzcocks years ago that no one that funny is going to be making shit music.

Nice tits n'all! :D

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i only just heard that tune this morning - so i'll reserve judgement for now.

however! i'm very impressed to see a beautiful revolution on your blogroll (finally!) :)

not so impressed that this is yet another blog where i have to watch i dont give my blogger identity away...

;)

Rad said...

Ady: You can't be unfunny and make good music. I think that's the law. Or something.

Pink: Sweetie, I can't believe you'd deny me your blogger id. It's me! A beautiful Revolution has been on my blogroll for yonks. Go back to endymion and look for it under Andre Veloux. He might be a mickeys fan but he's alright! :)

Anxious said...

Can't say I've heard any of her stuff, but since you've recommended her, I might have to investigate!

Anonymous said...

oh see... i thought you meant the other andre, because his blog is called a beautiful revolution... isnt this andre's blog called art of pleisure or something?

tsk.

as for the blogger id - its my best kept secret ;)

Rad said...

Anx: Let me know what you think of it mate.

Pink: I checked out t'other Andre and you're right, it's a great blog. So I've added it to me links. Still very upset that you're keeping secrets from me though! :p

Anonymous said...

all in due course my dear ;)

Anonymous said...

And it's not even the best track on the album!