Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Weirdly

Last night I dreamt of my old best mate from back when I lived in Romford.
I've not seen him for 17 years now. Spoke to him briefly around the time of my wedding (15 years ago) when he told me he had a Daughter, haven't spoken to him since. What was really weird was how my dream made him look like he probably would do now instead of how he looked back then. He was bit bigger (like we all are) a bit fuller around the face, his features had changed slightly but he was still recognisably Jon. It was a pretty cool dream, we bumped into each other in the street and just chatted about stuff like a couple of geezers. I woke up feeling a bit melancholy that We'd had no contact for so long. I think it's too long now to get in touch again. Neither of us would be the people we were. We probably wouldn't like each other or have much in common now. Odd.

6 comments:

Annie said...

Memory is a strange and marvellous thing. I've had dreams like that about people I knew in primary school, who I'd thought I'd long forgotton, and felt like I really missed them.

But you have gone a step further with your clever ageing technique...

Andre Veloux said...

Just checking in Rad. Dreams eh? I think you need to have a dream about the woman in the previous post not some ageing ex best mate of yours.

Rad said...

Annie: The ageing thing is why I blogged about it. It really freaked me out.

Andre: Tell me about it mate. If I fell into a bucket full of knockers like that I'd probably come out sucking me thumb!

(c) Sid The Sexist 1987.

bod said...

you could be right rad or you might find youve got more in common now than you had before!

David said...

Nothing ventured, nothing gained...or some similar clever-dickie thing.

Rad said...

nah, it's way too big a gap.