Monday, February 05, 2007

Further adventures in Stereo

I bought a new amp.
It made sense. It was only fifty quid, even with having to pay £25 to the firm that looked at the other one it still worked out cheaper than having the repair done and I get a years guarantee as well.

I've never heard of Eltax, but 50 watts a channel for £49.95 will do me very nicely while I try to scrape funds together for something a bit meatier.
Bloke in Richer Sounds asked me why I was buying the Eltax? It's all I can afford mate, is my reply. "But it's only 30 watts per channel" he said. "That's a big drop off from your cambridge."

I point out that it's actually 50 watts per channel. Bloke then says "You know, I can sell you a much better amp than that?" I said 'I know, and if you want to sell me it for fifty quid I'll have it!'

"Oooh no, can't do that"

So I smiled and asked if I could have the Eltax then.

No comments: