Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Bastard fucking School

Kid's school lunch issue is done and dusted. Huzzah! Now for the next load of old bollocks.

They're moving to a new site this year. It should have been finished in time for the September term but of course we're talking private companies building public buildings. And they never seem to get finished on time. So my kid will be moving to his new school in October. The week after the Autumn half term. And they're closing the school for a week. So I've got to find another weeks worth of childminders fees. That's £180.00 I've got to shell out 2 months before Christmas. I'm feeling a tad aggrieved about this. The school has said it needs the teaching assistants and other ancillary workers to assist with the move. They can't do it during the half-term week because they don't get paid during the school holidays. So essentially the cost will be borne by the parents and my Son loses out on a weeks worth of education.

Now, if I took my son out of school for a week during cheap holiday season there would be absolute hell to pay. But it seems it's fine to do it when it suits the school. I dunno about you, but I can't see how paying a few teaching assistants and ancillary workers a few hours overtime to accomplish the move with minimum disruption would actually break the bank. It's hardly being profligate. Is it?

2 comments:

Annie said...

Can't you get together with other parents and make a big fuss? People power!

Rad said...

There's been a few grumbles about it that we've picked up on... Watch this space ;)

What's your opinion on it though mate?