Monday, September 03, 2007

We come in peace


Star Trek Minimates series one. Well, one and a half really. Star Trek was one of the first minimate licenses way back when but they were 3 inches tall which isn't all that mini really. Only six figures were produced and only a handful of design pics remain of what was to follow. Hopefully these standard size 'mates will prove successful enough to warrant further waves. Early indications are they've sold out already so things are looking up for sad geeky toy collectors. And funky good looking ones like me too. Stand out in this series is pointy eared pedant Spock.

Look, they gave him an extra hand so he can do peaceful vulcan hand signs as well as holding a Phaser that's set to kill! Faboo!

3 comments:

Annie said...

I used to fancy Captain Kirk, but in my old age I quite fancy Spock - it's a sign of maturity you know. Look, they've even got his cheekbones!

bod said...

sorry mate, i'm more of a tng fan, patrick stewart's voice does it for me :-)

Rad said...

Annie: Spock and McCoy have really been captured well. Amazing when you think these things are only 2".

Bod: I loved TNG but can't watch it now. It's horribly dated (to my eyes) DS9 still stands up though.