Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Slumped

I have run out of words. I cannot be arsed to post. I don't know if that comes from tiredness or general despondency.
Work sucks. Really sucks. I find myself taking the blame for other people and their lack of responsibility. It's very hard to remain polite to inbred scumbags while they're telling you how much better things were before we took over their buying. Strange how we hear how much better we are from near enough everyone else we speak to, yet someone who refuses to accept they fucked up thinks they can just abuse me, and try to intimidate me for doing my job properly and daring to actually attempt to fix her fuck-up. I hope she dies of cancer. That's not a flippant comment. I genuinely hope she does.

Little Fella's still teething and having a rotten time of it. I think he's up to about fifty seven of them by now. Still at least he'll have a nice smile. We had some friends over for a little BBQ on Easter Monday, that was actually quite spiffing though a tad stressful as it was the first time I'd 'catered'. :D I'm just relieved they've not got food poisoning. Mind you I've not heard from them since early afternoon. I hope they're okay!

Today I woke up with a lump of wax rattling around inside my right ear. It's very annoying and I've named it cunty as it's a bit of a cunt. I hate earwax.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mate, I sympathise. Up this mornning for first day back after a somewhat cataclysmic (family, of course!) holiday - and right now I would do anything and I mean anything not to have to go in today. I'm consoling myself with being a few days further toward the end. Chin up.

Anxious said...

For someone who's run out of words, you've done okay, post-wise ;)

Love both the fact that you named a piece of earwax and the name that you gave it. Made me laugh :)

Rad said...

Daniel: I have bad days at work and worse days. Thursday and Yesterday were worse days.

Anx: Hi mate, I'm glad I could make you laugh. Cunty the earwax blob is a minor irritant compared to what you're experiencing right now. I hope you're better soon. x

Rad said...

Furtive. All the time mate. But I need at least the same amount of cash (or more) and with no qualifications it's just not going to happen. :(

Anonymous said...

I know that dilemma - the job/money thing. I would have jacked mine, in a heartbeat if I could have been earning the same elsewhere - just 'till I get to Uni in September - but it wasn't to be. College could be an answer - part time - tough with a young family, but the rewards would be there later ... just a thought.

30th February said...

Fun innit? If some had shown me the work I *would* be doing instead of the work I *could* be doing I'd have worked a lot harder at skool and stayed sober.

I consider my career to be an act of charity - with me doing it I'm saving some other poor schmuck from having to do it.

Rol said...

Qualifications don't save you. Then again, what do I know, I'm only an English grad - and nobody cares about words anymore.

Being in a job you hate but you have to carry on doing because nothing else would pay you as much (and in my case allow me the flexibility of a 4 day week) is rubbish. Bah. We should all have become accuntants.