Wednesday, January 12, 2011

iHate Motorists

and they hate me.

Every day I have a near miss on my bike. When the average motorist sees a bicycle in front of them the red mist descends and they simply must get past it. Thing is, I can go a bit faster than the average cyclist. My speed averages out to about 17mph so a lot of drivers are taken by surprise when they realise that they need to go a little bit faster to get around me. And of course, once you go faster, everything happens faster. Only, because the driver hasn’t necessarily taken in what’s going on further down the road they then find themselves having to make panic reactions in order to avoid a crash. These reactions generally involve swerving back towards me. Motorists in general, are unthinking arseholes with little to no regard to the safety of anyone else on the road.

As for van drivers… Cunts!

4 comments:

Rol said...

You're absolutely right.

I'm a motorist and I hate you.

Annie said...

I missed your swearing.

Be careful out there.

Rad said...

Rol, you should drive a van.

Rad said...

Annie, I'm as careful as I can be mate.