Thursday, December 18, 2008

E-biking

I have to tell you kids, it is sooooooo much fun. On the days I commute on the x6 I end up at my destination with a fucking great smile on me face. It's all about the fresh air I guess. And possibly the excercise too. The way I have the bike set up means I still have to pedal, and sometimes I'm pedalling hard but the bike takes the edge off, so I can do twice the distance I used to do on my old bike, but arrive feeling like I've excercised but not like I'm at death's door. It's also an amazing feeling cycling up a hill at the same speed you were managing on the flat, and cycling into a headwind (you try it!) is a piece of piss now. Seems like a win/win situation at the moment. The only downside is that the throttle is a quarter sized jobby that's operated with the thumb and forefinger. Fuck but it makes my hand ache after a while. Not nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Two words .. "bike shorts" ..