Thursday, November 27, 2008

A week ago

I had to have a tooth extracted. Upper rear molar. It was surprisingly painful. The tooth had been fucked for years. I'd had a root extraction and filling on it about 7 years ago, and it was never right after that. The filling would work loose, the tooth would get cracked. I was sick of having it repaired long before the dentist was. Three months ago I had to have it filled, again, a month after that the back fell away. I struggled with it, because I really didn't want to go back to the Dentist. Then, a week ago I discovered that the bit of food I had trapped behind it wasn't a bit of food. It was an abscess. It went pop! So, I called the dentists, they got me in on an emergency appointment and I went through an experience I would rather forget. The Dentist decided 'we' had been trying to save it long enough. I'd have been happy to have seen it gone long ago. So, having decided to have the bastard out he promptly set about drilling away the root filling, and then cutting the tooth out at the base. Then came the industrial strength pliers, as he set to on each root individually. It was at this point that I started making 'argh' type noises. I could feel the bastard root wriggling about in my face, and it fucking hurt. Not a twinge, not an ache. IT. FUCKING. WELL. HURT. Eventually, after I'd been reduced to a mewling kitten (about three or four 'arghs') the Dentist stopped and asked if it was hurting!!!

Another jab later and we were well away. At the end of it all he asked if I could bear to look at the extracted roots because they were very impressive. He implied they could be worn on a necklace. The irony, shit teeth, great roots! For fucks sake!

So here I am, a week later, a very tender gaping hole in the back of me gob, and trying desperately to keep food away from it. It aches like a bastard on fathers day at times, though I'm told that's normal.

Look after your teeth kids. Cos extractions are cunts.

On the bright side I'm finally getting my electric bike tomorrow. :)

2 comments:

Rol said...

Because I'm squeamish about such things, I only read a bit of this post... then dashed to the bathroom to brush me teeth.

Rad said...

:D Read it all you big puff! :D