Wednesday, October 01, 2008

A funny thing happened on the train.

So, been a while again innit? I just never seem to find the time to blog and no fucker's reading it anyway. But I must share this little nugget cos It made me larf and larf. My missus took me to the Dr Who exhibition at Earls Court as an early birthday present. We had a great day in that London, the Who exhibition is well worth a look if you're so inclined, lots of interactive bits including being able to stand insided a mock up of a Dalek and talk into a microphone that distorts your voice. I have video footage of a Dalek squawking 'Wash my pants woman'. Well I found it funny anyway. Lunch in Convent Garden followed by a bit of shopping and then home, in first class no less. So, there we are on the train, in first class being all sumptuous and nice, when I decide to use the loo. A nice looking pod affair with automatic doors. Except dumbass that I am I can't find the button to open the effing door. That's ok, I'll use prole class. So I go down to the next carriage and wait for the engaged bog to become free. and wait for the engaged bog to become free. and wait for the engaged bog to become free. and wait for the engaged bog to become free. Seriously I waited a long time. Then, a woman comes out of the carriage and waits in the exit area as we're coming up to a stop. and wait for the engaged bog to become free. and wait for the engaged bog to become free. and wait for the engaged bog to become free. Eventually the door opens, then immediately slams shut. I look a the woman, she looks at me. We're both a tad perplexed. The door opens and slams shut again. This happens five or six times. Then, the door opens and a lad of about 18 comes out. Staring at the floor he avoids eye contact and scurries around the corner into the carriage. I go to step into the bog and the door slams into my face. KER-CHING! The woman waiting to get off at the next station has eyes like saucers. I'm killing myself laughing. 'Must be the Mile-Long club' I comment. This then has her cracking up laughing. Tears are streaming down my face, the door to the bog opens and slams shut a few more times and then a very very embarrassed young lady exits the cubicle, in much the same manner as her recent companion. I being a gentleman discretely looked straight at her with a fucking great grin on me face. She was rather red. :D

10 comments:

Rol said...

I still read it, dear.

Oh, sorry, wrong blog.

Who are you again?

Rad said...

I'm the person you have a secret mancrush on. Be honest, you know it's true!

Laura Willows said...

Um, excuse me, I read your blog!

Annie said...

Yeah, who are you calling no fucker?

Tee hee! Trains sometimes make me frisky, but really...

This is a very early birthday present, isn't it?

30th February said...

STOP LURKING WHEN I'M USING THE TRAIN TOILET! ;)

Rad said...

Laura: I honestly thought no one was reading cos my updates are so sporadic these days.

Annie: really... What made it funnier/sadder was the state of the cubicle water and bog roll all over the floor. Hardly salubrious. The Doctor Who thing was supposed to finish on the 20th of September which is why I had such an early present. It's since been extended until January.

Mr 30th: Get off the internet and go and admire your brand new baby child. Silly man! ;)

Anonymous said...

hang on a minute, i'm here too....
and yeah, mr.30th congratulations :-) we want details ok!
well rad, i just don't know what to say, it could only happen to you!

Rol said...

You're right, of course. I'm stood outside your house as I type this, peering in the bathroom window.

Rad said...

Bod: What's happened to your blog?
Rol: While you're at it can you clean the gutters?

Anonymous said...

rol....and would you mind coming over and cleaning my gutters while your at it.
rad...too busy reading your blog to post on my own mate :-)