Monday, May 05, 2008

Bizzy day

Very busy indeed.

Off to the village fete to do village fete type things, such as wait in line for an hour for a burger, and wrestle a very pissed off little fella out of a cop car. Then home to do some gardening. Mow the lawn. Bit of spot hoeing. Trim the borders. Bit of strimming. In all this time I was in and out of my shed swapping tools as you do. I'm not sure why I glanced up but when I did glance up I thought to myself 'Why is there half a birds egg hanging off of my shed ceiling?'. This thought was immediately followed by 'Fucking hell, that's a big wasp'.

2

+

2

Oh my fucking good gawd, there's a wasp building a nest six inches above my head.

It was a big wasp. I'm fucking terrified of wasps. I beat a hasty retreat and waited for the breadknife to offer to kill it for me. :D
I really am that scared of em. I do sometimes wonder how I stuck 12 years of working as a gardener.



This be it. My cameraphone doesn't really do it justice. It's so fragile, barely the thickness of a piece of A4 paper.

9 comments:

30th February said...

I was so looking forward to gardening in the sun today and then I remembered.... insects, everywhere. I opened the bathroom window last night and a squadron of winged things invaded.

I don't run into the garden when they are having a bath! Why can't they leave me alone?!

Annie said...

Chills... (once we went camping (illegally) in Epping Forest, we went to look for wood for a bonfire and overturned a wasps' nest. Very, very scary having them buzzing all around you when you can't even see them. And very stingy. Bastards!

Anonymous said...

wow how clever of a wasp to make that- am dead impressed.

Anonymous said...

I'm SO scared of wasps. More scared of wasps than Miller is of spiders. I'm allergic as well - so double validation for my flapping flappiness.

I was gardening yesterday but given my state, I was more worried about cat poo in the soil so I gave up.

bod said...

wow rad, that's a biggie! i'm not scared of wasps but i don't like them. i think they're evil little monsters sent by the devil to cause pain. my advice is to spray it with hair spray.

Rad said...

It's not actually that big. It was the size of half a small egg.

Laura Willows said...

looks like a throat

Rad said...

A throat? Do you mean it looks like that funny punchball thingy at the back?

Hi, by the way. :D

Rad said...

I found him on a message board and just had to have him.